Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mothers Day out and Zoo fun

All the mothers and kids at Olive Garden
Austin and the Giraffe- His first time to the zoo!

Austin and the Elephants (okay I'm not risking waking the child up to take him out of his carseat!!)
Dax, Kyrie, Janelle, Dayna, Natalie, Austin and I at the zoo
Starting to smile!

I love this picture
Well it has been a great week. Austin is now a month old and is really getting big. He already weighs 11 lbs which I cant believe. He is also starting to track things with his eyes and starting to smile. Okay I dont know if it is a real smile but I like to pretend it is. On friday we had "mothers day out". I have to admit when I was at BYU, I was envious of all the mothers who got to go to this coveted occasion. Now I know it is a way to keep sane and to know that others are going through the same thing you are (eg. sleep deprivation). Austin also had his first zoo outing. Well he slept the whole time but I am sure he was still being enriched with animal knowledge.

12 comments:

Kira said...

glad to see the new post! Very cute pictures.

Ryan and Ashley said...

Looks like fun. I can't wait until I can go to these outings and we can go to the zoo together. What a great week. (Do you have a zoo pass or were you a guest?)

Dickson Family said...

Chelsea...i think he had his eyes open a little bit in one picture..if you click on it big then they look like he was thinking about opening them...then he noticed i was around...and well you know the rest of the story. thanks for coming to the zoo and we will have a mothers lunch at mi casa before you go back to work...you plan it cause as you know i am as open as a gas station.

Collette and Kevin said...

how fun!! now you need to have a mommy's night out with no kids!! those are fun too!

Teresa said...

More pics, more pics! Can't wait for more! Thanks for sharing your little mommies day out.

Karene said...

Um...Chels your stroller is twice as big as you are! That thing is huge!

Flora said...

Congrats on your new baby! He is beautiful! You are our only former missionary in Alberta these days. We would love to take over a baby gift, but we need your address. My email address is spackmanhome@shaw.ca. With love, Flora Spackman

Travis and Jamie said...

AW- look at your little Hans. He is such a cutie (the baby :)) I can't believe you all went to Olive Garden. That is brave with all those kids.

Flora said...

I ran into Lannie at Costco yesterday and she told me that you and Hans are still in the States - not in Calgary! Hopefully we will get to see you when you move to Canada. Your baby is absolutely gorgeous!

KyleandAmanda said...

Mom days out are the best! No one is to little for a zoo trip! It was fun hanging out with you last week! We need to do it more often! Let me know if you need anything.

Amanda said...

Chelsea those pictures are so cute - and I agree you never, ever, ever, take a sleeping baby out of a carseat. My very favorite twin baby product was the double snap 'n' go stroller for their carseats.

Catherine said...

Love his tongue!