Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Spaghetti Christmas

Posing at Mel's house

Sunday best

Ski day at Fernie


Morning walks at mum's ranch



Mum and I on Christmas Eve




Hans and Mark cooking Christmas dinner




This year Hans and I went to Calgary for Christmas. We had such a great time!! On Christmas Eve my mom told me that we were having Spaghetti for dinner. Little did she know that spaghetti is my favorite meal...turns out it is hers too!! I think we are going to make this a new tradition in our family. We opened all our presents Christmas Eve (German style) so Hans would feel at home. Then we drove down to Medicine Hat to spend time with Mark's (my step-dad) family. We got to do some boxing day shopping and I got a new pair of cowboy boots...compliments of Alann. I got to see my B.F.F. Melanie and her boyfriend Mark and remember the "good ol' days"...like when we used to watch Charlotte's Web every single day. hahaha. For Christmas she gave me a picture of her and I when we were 4 years old on Santa's lap. What a treasure! Hans went skiing for the first time and he loved it...well he was a little frustrated in the morning but by the end of the day he was rockin it. We went to a ski hill in B.C. and were so happy to find out when we got there that they had just recieved a big dump of snow. The conditions were perfect!! By the end of the day I was making Mark go down some pretty tough slopes (hey I learned that from my brothers). We also went 4-Wheeling and riding my mom's horse at her ranch. It was so nice not having a T.V. for a week and a half. I did not miss it at all. There is so much to do on a ranch. Hans loved feeding the horses and taking my mom's two dogs for their morning walks. After this trip Hans said he wants to start running....I think it is from all the fresh air. Hans and I hope you all have a wonderful New Year!!

9 comments:

Ryan and Ashley said...

I can't wait to see you. We will chat on our way to work tomorrow! Looks like you two had a lot of fun.

KyleandAmanda said...

Welcome home! I love your pictures! Can I go to your Mum's ranch it sounds like a lot of fun! We are glad you guys had a good holiday. We better see you guys soon!!!

Collette and Kevin said...

Glad you had a fun Christmas in the Great White North. I don't miss having a super cold Christmas!!! We should get together soon!!

Borders Family said...

A ranch!! How wonderful that is! Horses, long walks, snow...what more could you ask for? It sounds like you guys had the best Christmas. I am happy you guys are back.

Dickson Family said...

how i missed you my friend. i wanted to take jon skiing too, well snowboarding he has never been to the mountains. maybe next time, we were sick most of the time as you know so we couldn't get out and do much. oh well. when do you want to play some ddr. i can't believe you have been home for 2 days now and i have not seen you yet....what is this world coming too :) plans for this weekend? let's make some!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Gee, now I know where I want to spend my next vacation! I had no idea you had ranching genes in your family. Lucky you! That picture is so beautiful. We miss you too!!!

Melissa said...

Wow! I love that picture of the ranch. I'm SO JEALOUS!!! My relatives live in Alberta (I think we talked about this once) and I remember their land looking a lot like that picture of your mom's ranch. Glad you had fun.

Kim said...

What a fun time:) Blake and I were just talking about using some of our time off this summer to go up to Calgary. Are you guys going to be up there this summer??? That would be great to plan a trip so we could also see you guys:)

Sarah said...

Mark-made spaghetti... I'm salivating...