Monday, January 21, 2008

Trip to Nashville

In the Opryland Hotel

The "gang" posing on the hotel tour

Besties posing with the flowers


The Grand Ole Opry (it was freezing out!!)



Can you guess which ice cream is Hans'?




The car of Elvis





This past long weekend we went to Nashville to see the sights with our good friends, the Dicksons. We didn't realize it was so close...only 2 1/2 hours away! When we got there we unloaded our things at the luxurious "Days Inn" (haha) and hit the road. Our first stop was the Opry Hills Mall. It is this gigantic mall with all sorts of shopping and themed restaurants like "Rainforest Cafe" and "the Aquarium". Hans and Jon's favorite though was a huge Tool Warehouse. Next we went to the Opryland Hotel to tour around. It is amazing!! It has 4 atriums fulls of plants, flowers and waterfalls. I felt like I was in a tropical rain forest. After we went to dinner in downtown Nashille at a place called Demos. I would highly recommend it for anyone that goes. That night we played some dice game called "Farkle" which I won by the way (I am not competitive at all....jk) and ate ice cream. Hans scarfed his down in less than 5 seconds and the rest of us had not even gotten half way done. That confirms Hans' name of "The Human Garbage Disposal". The next day we toured the Country Music Hall of Fame. It was really amazing. My favorite part was to see Elvis' car. It had a TV and an ice maker which was really unheard of back then. We had a great time and now Hans and I are going to save our pennies so we can go back and stay in the Opryland Hotel. Let us know if you want to come too!!

10 comments:

Ryan and Ashley said...

Chels! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I want to go to Nashville before Ryan and I leave the "mid-west".

Travis and Jamie said...

We would love to go the the Hotel, ofcourse we might need a few years to save up. Mind waiting??:)

KyleandAmanda said...

Looks like you guys party hard! How fun! I think that we need to hang out soon! It has been forever!

Melissa said...

Fun! That is definitely on our list of things to do someday. Glad you documented your trip, now I know what to do.

Rob and Heather said...

That looks like it was a pretty fun trip. Yep that is one place we never made it to. So kuddos!!!

Borders Family said...

Nashville looks like a fun place to visit. Are you a country fan? We have always skipped Nashville because we are not country fans and didn't think there would be that much to do there. But, maybe we should reconsider.

Crafty Momma said...

How fun! I have always wanted to go the grand ole opry!! I have been to nashville for the "time out" with sheri dew, but never really saw the sights of nashville. I'm glad you guys had fun!!

Sarah said...

So it was worth it? Devin and I keep debating whether or not Nashville should be on our visit-during-grad-school list. Louisville is at the top, by the way.

Dickson Family said...

i had fun with you chelsea and hansel. ice cream and farkel was great, youi guys make us laugh (I am the master of this game) picture me doing the master of this game dance. and hans seriously ate his ice cream in five seconds and was like...what you aren't done yet...i feel gross. hahaha too funny....well chelsea where is our next stop?

Dickson Family said...

what does someone do at 330 in the morning when they have been up since two and can't sleep......comment on blogs...you should try it.