Thursday, February 4, 2010

Christmas Part III- Christmas Day and beyond

Well Christmas Day finally came and so did Santa! Cousin Landry got this really neat pirate ship that Austin loved to play with. Why are other people's toys so much more fun?
Auntie Jen and Uncle Ben have a really cute dog named Albert. For some reason I dont have any pictures of him. Anyway Austin loved the dog and would follow him around wherever he went. He saw Albert eating out of his dish and then began to eat like him :-)

Hans spent many hours in the backyard making this sledding track for everyone. It was really fun to get outside and go sledding.

Uncle Shugi was going a little too fast down the ramp and busted through the fence. Too funny!

On Christmas Day Eve we headed over to my Aunt Gayle's house. Her house is like a second home to me as Aunt Gayle was my Utah mom while I was in college. I spent many holiday's over there and she really is one of the sweetest and most generous people I have ever met. I am so glad to call her family! Anyway while at her house I got this hilarious picture of Austin looking at Ang. He is thinking "Where did you come from?" Classic



Angie bought all the girls these new trendy little head scarves. Too cute! They are all the rage in Utah right now. I dont know if it is just me but I really never know what the "new thing" is.
Angie is one of the best cooks. I love it when she comes to visit because she cooks for me and it is always delicious. She made fondue and my favorite crab dip. She made these Korean beef wontons that were to die for. I am drooling a little right now just thinking about them.

The day after Christmas the girls went out and got pedicures. I love getting pedicures and I dont care if that makes me sound girly. There is nothing better than having someone massage my feet....ahhhhhhh....bliss.
One of mine and Hansi's traditions is making gingerbread houses. It really makes a big mess but it is sooooo worth it. We always have a great time making them.....and eating them. Lyndsey and Jeff were making their house extra special. They cut windows out of the gingerbread and put a flameless candle in there. What crafty people.

This is a typical Hans face. He thought of the genius idea of using Necco wafers for the roof. My hubby the genius :-)

Finished product

One night I was able to go out with one of my good friends from Labor and Delivery days, Deborah. She actually trained me when I was a brand new nurse and I am so thankful she did. She was so patient with me. It took me awhile to figure out IVs at first. Now it is one of my best skills. Thanks Deborah!

My bestie from college, Catherine, was also able to come over for a visit.....okay her husband and son came too but we really did all the talking. Her son is a month older than Austin so we always have alot to talk about. We pretty much talk everyday on the phone. I am so glad I have Catherine in my life to tell all my inner thoughts too. Love ya girlie!

Apparently Austin and Colton really liked each other. He will hate me for posting this when he gets older but it is too cute!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I LOVE the picture of Austin and Angie! But the picture of Colton and Austin is not the one I was expecting :) We'll see which one I end up posting...

Kira said...

I totally just made one of those scarf bandanas. I hope it is as cute as yours. :-)

The picture of Austin and Angie is AWESOME!!!

Sarah said...

Love the pic of Austin and Angie. Austin is so cute! Can't wait to meet him.