Thursday, October 7, 2010

A week in Waterton and Heritage Park

This really has been an awesome summer. I really love living back in Calgary with all my family and my BFF around. This summer my Aunt Kathy called and asked if I wanted to use our summer cabin for a week. Yes of course I said! So my bestie Mel and I decided to make it a girls week and we had such a good time. Melanie is someone that just "gets" me. We always have a great time when we are together. Here we are with are cute kiddos in front of Cameron Falls.
We decided we would be brave and hike our kids up a mountain. Austin did pretty good and hiked most of the way up. Then he slept ALL the way down and was like dead weight on my back. It was VERY tiring but it was worth the experience.

Here we are at the top. Isn't it beautiful? It looks like we are taking a picture in front of a backdrop. Waterton is one of the most beautiful places on earth.


When the kiddos were sleeping we would sit on the lawn and read, eat snacks and heckle the people who walked by.

We rented a surrey and drove around. Austin loved it!
Austin and Auntie Mel bonding time.

Another fun thing we did this summer was go to Heritage Park. I was surprised at how many rides Austin was able to go on. Here he is on a boat swing with my friend Janae's little boy Preston.


Austin LOVED his older (second) cousin Seth. Seth held Austin's hand the whole time and helped him on the rides. Too cute :-)

Here they are getting on the ferris wheel. I love Austin's face in this one. He is looking at the attendant like "are you really strapping me into this thing?"


Cute little Austin's face peering over the edge.


This was Austin's first experience on a real "choo choo". He was thrilled to say the least. We have had a great summer and are excited for the fall. Swim lessons, preschool and the list goes on. Never a dull moment around here.

4 comments:

Heather Mills said...

I think I am going to cry. Can I come live with you in Calgary? I have decided that the cold weather would be bearable if I can hang out with you and Austy and Hans again!

Teresa said...

I love it. Way to live up the cabin! Packing babies up the Bears Hump was is a definite accomplishment! Seth and Austin pics are so cute.

Amanda said...

We had a great time at Heritage Park that day and Seth still talks about helping Austin on the ferris wheel - he was pretty pumped about being the BIG cousin for once.

Sarah said...

Oh the memories. I think I need a trip to Heritage Park next time I'm in Calgary.