Thursday, December 9, 2010

Crazy Update


This is going to be a full update since I have not posted in awhile. I guess the biggest news is that I am preggo! I am 20 weeks along and just found out I will be having another baby boy. We are so excited about having a baby brother for the Austy man. We have a name in mind but we are not sharing it because everyone has sooooo many opinions about names. I am due May 3rd but I am hoping the baby will be born in April (a girl can always hope). This will be the 7th grandchild for my parents and the 7th boy!! We are hoping for a full basketball team.
In November Hans had a dental conference in San Fran and I was able to go with him. His sister lives there and I thought it would be nice for Austin to get to see his cousins again. Jen had a baby in April and so I got to meet the little guy for the first time. Austin LOVED playing with Landry and Sadie. They were so good about playing with him....even though he is 2 and not always the best playmate. I love this picture of them holding hands.
Trying on hats in Gymboree.
Austin fell asleep in the cart at Target. What a lovely treat!! I got to shop at my favorite store, uninterrupted, for 2 hours.
We really enjoyed the great weather and the opportunity to spend time outside. We went to the park and played in the sandpit for hours.
Austin has never met Hans' grandparents and so we got to see them this trip. Love you Nana and Papa!
Okay I threw this random picture in. This is Sunday dinner at my place where there was impromtu moustache wearing. It just makes me laugh!
We had such a fun Halloween this year. The older Austin gets, the more fun all the holidays are. We let Austin pick out a pumpkin to carve and he was having so much fun until....

Daddy showed him the "guts" inside the pumpkin. He kept saying "yucky daddy! throw it away!!!". Not impressed.
Austin was a robot this year and I think trick or treating was the highlight of his life so far. He STILL talks about it. You cant really blame him though....get dressed up all silly and you go around to people's houses and they just GIVE you all the candy you want. He was one happy robot. I cant belive all the trick or treaters we had at our door this year. In Kentucky we were lucky to have 3 or 4 kids. Here I bought a 100 piece candy box and was out in 45 min!! Guess I'll have to get more for next year.
Sister Halloween picture at my dads party.
Group pic....minus me. We have had a great couple of months and now I am excited to start blogging about all the Christmas fun we've been having!!

5 comments:

Karene said...

1. My brother and sister in law refuse to tell people their baby names for just that reason. Totally understandable. But until I have an official moniker for the kid, I'm calling him Dinosaur. Dinosaur Meyer!

2. Halloween pics and story about Austin are Hilarious! I have a suspicion that Hans may have teased Austin a bit with the pumpkin guts.

3. I'm a bit surprised that mustache night doesn't happen more often with the Palmers!

Can't wait to find out the shenanigans that Christmas will bring!

Laura Jansson said...

Love the little update! You are missed in Kentucky :) I love that you aren't telling the baby's name--we did that when I was pregnant with Dominic & avoided any opinions from people. It was fun to just announce his name on his birth day, too :) Merry Christmas!!

Heather Mills said...

Oh my gosh I miss you! Austin sure made a handsome little robot! I love that Austy still talks about Trick or Treating. Reagan does too! Those two....I swear they have some way of still communicating.BFFs Re-Re and Austy. Heather and Chelsea.

Lyleville5 said...

Congrats again Meyer Family!!! Love seeing your updates!!! We kept Grace's name a secret and didn't with Hudson and I wished we had! Your totally right...EVERYBODY has an opinion! ;)
Merry Christmas xoxo's

Sarah said...

Mucho congrats on the new little guy. Do you think he's going to be a mini-Brian? Speaking of mini-Brians... is the mustache wearing a tribute to your dad in the 80's? And I love that we have the same Halloween strategy. Children's Place. (Mine is to go 2 weeks before and get costumes for 5 bucks.)