Monday, December 20, 2010

I love Christmas!!!

I love Christmas! Seriously, what is not to love? We have had so much fun with all the festivities and parties. It is funny now that Hans is in the "family business" because all the work parties have my family in them. What a treat! This year we wanted to take Austin to see Santa Claus. We made a "big build up" for it because we wanted him to smile and not scream.....Austin is not that fond of strangers. To get him to smile, mommy and daddy had to be in the picture.
This is Austin and Maverick on Santa's lap. Maverick is my besties little boy. Isn't he adorable? Austin's face is priceless in this picture. This is the face I expected of him.
They have all these fun things for the kids to do while waiting in line to see Santa. Genious! They had cookie making, an ice skating rink that lit up and a tunnel through a tree. Austin was in heaven! He wants to go and see Santa everyday (but maybe not sit on his lap).
We went with our friends, the Low's, to zoolights this year. I thought Austin wouldn't last very long outside since I now live in the arctic tundra but it was actually a pretty nice night. We were there for about 2 hours and he didn't want to leave. They had this area where you could bowl for snowmen and Austin LOVED it! I guess all I need is some styrofoam and a ball and we are good to go!
Austin and Madeline in the reindeer hay pit. I am not sure who thought of this as an activity but it was a good one. He just climbed over, and jumped on hay bales for half an hour. I had to literally pry him away with bribes of hot chocolate. The lights were awesome but didn't really turn out in the pictures.
I let Austin help me make cookies for friends. We made a BIG mess but had sooooo much fun doing it. He also loved dropping off the cookies. "bye bye cookies" he would say "miss you"
Our ward party this year was "Christmas in the Tropics" spawned by a friend's recent trip to Hawaii. Notice the flowered shorts worn by Santa in the backround. Santa couldn't let all the kids in our ward sit on his lap because there are SO MANY kids in our ward. He gave out lifesavers which as you can tell by Austin's face, were a hit :-) We have had so much fun thus far this Christmas season and we are excited for lots more to come.

1 comments:

Lyleville5 said...

Adorable! Merry Christmas Meyer Family!