Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fun with the bestie and her fiance

Out to eat at our favorite restaurant...Cheddars!
First time at Six Flags. More flags....more fun!


Fun on the rides

Being silly. I was hiding my belly...

The American Flag cake that two Canadians made.


Posing on the 4th of July

At the Dicksons on the 4th

Mel and Mark at Churchill Downs

I love this pic!!
It was wonderful to have my best friend from home and her fiance come and visit us here in Kentucky. When they got here we picked them up from the airport and took them to our favorite restaurant...Cheddars! The next day we went to Six Flags and had a great time. I think I was the pressure person of the group. I made them do all the roller coasters all in a row. Hey I grew up with all boys so what do you expect? I think Mark might have tweaked his back with all the crazy rides....sorry! Dont worry I did not ride the roller coasters but I did get to enjoy the great waterpark they have there. On the fourth of July we saw the movie Hancock, which was good, then of course we went shopping! (In the midst of all this there was of course alot of giggling that went on.....that is what we like to do when we are together). We went to the Dicksons for a great BBQ on the 4th and had a firework show. Then the next day we took them to Churchill Downs to see the horse races. It was a fun trip and we loved getting to know Mark better. He is a great guy and we are excited for the two lovebirds who are going to get married in November. Thanks for coming to Louisville! We love you guys!

5 comments:

KyleandAmanda said...

I love it when friends come to visit! It looks like you guys had fun! Did you ride the water slides? I am really tempted to do the slides. Glad you guys had a fun 4th! Good job on your cake! We need to go to Six Flags!

Sarah said...

Mel looks so happy! And we need a better belly shot than that. Last month and you're at a waterpark. You rock.

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!! you're having a baby???!!! yAY!! we miss you guys! Guess what.. Aaron got into dental school here in az...what are you having??

Teresa said...

Is Mel a pancake in that picture. Classic! Looks like you guys each had a blast. Congrats to her and her wedding count down. By the way, you still look too cute to be 8 months pregnant. Way to take it like a champ!!!

Kira said...

you can hide your belly, but your gigantic boobs give you away. :-)