Thursday, August 28, 2008

Welcome to the world Austin!!

Cute little Austin
Tummy time with daddy

My best friend...the epidural ;-)


First moments on Earth



The weight pic....a must have
What a handsome boy!
First moments in our home


Like father...like son
Well we are pleased to welcome little Austin into our home. He was born on August 24th and the delivery went really well....thanks to my new best friend Mr. Epidural. I did not feel any pain at all which is pretty amazing. I know that when I worked in labor and delivery that people would tell me how awesome the Epidural was but to experience it myself is another story. Austin decided to come 8 days early....thank goodness for that because he weighed 7 lbs 11oz and was 20 inches long. When I look at him I think it is crazy that he was all cramped up inside me. He is huge! Anyway we are at home now and loving it. I forgot that in the hospital you get NO sleep. Austin was good but those dang nurses (haha) kept waking me up. Today we went to Austins first appt. and he passed with flying colors. Horray for healthy babies!! Being a nurse gives me paranoia about every possible disease/condition he could have. Well we hope that you can all meet our sweet little boy soon. We love you all and thank you all for your support!








15 comments:

The Alaska DeKays said...

Yeah Chelsea! Congratulations! He looks a lot like Hans (especially in the hat)! I am so excited for you. I wish I could be there to hod him---next summer for sure!

prism said...

Congrats. He's sure a cutie (of course). So sweet and tiny.

Kim said...

Congrats!!! What a cutie. I am glad that everything went good, and hurray for early babies..I am a big fan. You look awesome! I seriously think you look like you are back to your tiny self. What is your trick? Hope all is going well.

Liz said...

Congratulations, Chels! He is darling! I'm so glad everything went well, and especially glad he was EARLY! (Late babies are born grounded...) I hope the next days (and weeks and months and years) go really smoothly for you and him. Post lots of pitures!

mama said...

Yay! We love him!

Mike and Kimmy said...

Congrats! He is so adorable. I can't wait to meet him in person!

Eric, Janae, Kallie, Sadie said...

Congrats you guys!!!! He's adorable, we can't wait to meet him. I'm sad we didn't get to come see you in the hospital, we just didn't want to take our kids. Let me know if you need anything, seriously.

KyleandAmanda said...

Little Austin is so adorable! You and Hans are going to be awesome parents! Hopefully next time I get to hold him he won't scream at me! I am going to have to make him love me!

Travis and Jamie said...

Oh what a cutie!! Congrats guys, your gonna make the greatest parents.

Megan said...

Little Austin is so cute! I can't wait to see him in person :) You and Hans are going to be such fun parents. Congratulations!

Collette and Kevin said...

oh yay!! i'm so happy to finally see pictures of sweet lil' austin! can'[t wait to meet him in person

Kira said...

He is so cute. The cutest. What is his middle name? Danger?

Rob and Heather said...

Congratulations you two. This little baby boy is so blessed to have you both for parents. He is so precious.

Heather Mills said...

uh, looovve the epidural! I'm glad everything went well! He is adorable!

Crafty Momma said...

Congrats Chelsea. He is perfect! Sounds like you had a pretty good delivery and you came early! That's awesome because pitocin is no fun! :D He does look a lot like Hans. So so cute! I really miss the newborn stage, not for all the sleepless nights and endless crying, but the newness of them and especially because they grow up right before your eyes! I hope you love being a mom..it's the best!