Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!!

His first birthday cake. I had a "ball" themed party for Austin at Veterans Memorial Park. We had it on Saturday which turned out to be a very nice day. I was worried it might rain but the weather held out so all the kids could play at the park
The Mills brought this lovely 7 layer dip

He wasn't so sure about the cake at first


Then he dove in!


Daddy and Austin reading the very complicated instructions.
Austin showing me his new steering wheel





Looking happy in his new birthday present




Cruisin' the streets of Springview




Today is a very special day. One year ago today I gave birth to the greatest gift I could ever ask for. I am so thankful that the Lord saw fit to send Hans and I little Austin. This past year has been a whirlwind to say the least. It has brought the greatest joys and of course the struggles of having a new baby. When I first had Austin I was determined to go back to work. For those who know me well, know that I am a workaholic. Since I was 14 I have always had a job. I did end up going back to work after 12 weeks of maternity leave but after 2 months back on the job I could hardly bear being away from Austin. I am so thankful that I have been able to stay home with him as this past year has been amazing. Watching him learn new things makes me sooooo happy. I love that he can point to all his body parts and is now catching on to sign language. He is such a smarty pants! Can you tell I am a proud mama?? Happy Birthday Austin! Your mom and dad love you soooooooooooooo much!




4 comments:

Heather Mills said...

As our 7 layer dip would say, "Happ Birthday Austin."
That party was fun, thanks for having us! I can't believe that you and I have toddlers running around. When did that happen!?

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday Austin! His cake pics are CLASSIC!! So adorable. And, I do have to agree that he is a little smartypants :).

Laura Jansson said...

The first birthday is always a fun and memorable one! Glad you had such great weather--that car is adorable!

Borders Family said...

I can't believe it has been a year already. By the way, we have an oder version of the red car and it is everyone's favorite. It has seen more playtime than any other outside toy we have.