Monday, March 15, 2010

Trip to Calgary

As many of you know, travelling on the airplane with a toddler is really not that fun and this picture really captures it. Here Austin is trying to open and shut the window....like five thousand times! Anyway, we just got back from our trip to Calgary and we really had a great time. The main purpose of the trip was that Hans took his Canadian Boards and so hopefully this will be the last test Hans takes in his life. Horray!!!
For my birthday my brother Justin and his wife Kira took us to the hockey game. I really love going to hockey games. My dad used to have season tickets and we would go on "date nights" together and he would always buy me a malt ice cream. It was funny because after 5 seconds of being at the game, Justin bought me one. Ohhhh memories.

Here we are at the dinosaur park at the Calgary zoo. When I was young, this park was REALLY boring. It was just a bunch of plastic dinosaurs. Anyways, they revamped the park and now all the dinosaurs roar and move their mouths, limbs and tails. At first all the kids were pretty scared and then they thought it was "awesome" (in the words of my nephews).
Here are all the boys at the dinosaur park. I was really happy because I got to bring my nephews who took the day off school. They are such good kids!

I was so excited that my birthday was going to be when I was home. We all went out for sushi and the chef made this for me and said "Happy birthday on your 20th birthday". I guess that is how old I look :-) Too bad I could not eat this because I got sick!
I love my family!

We went to the childrens museum in Calgary and had a great time. Here are all the boys rockin out.


When I was home I was able to go to one of my nephew's gymnastics meets. It was so cute seeing them do all of their moves. It is amazing what little 6 and 7 year olds can do on the rings!

We went hiking with my step-dad Mark in the Kananaskis one day. We were really lucky to get such great weather while we were up there. Hiking is one of my favorite things to do and I just cant get enough. Austin really loved it too and said "wow" and "cool" to pretty much every rock stick and leaf. It took us awhile to get where we were going.

View from the top.
What a cute family :-)

One morning I went out with Mel, Lauren and Jessica from highschool. It was great spending time with some old friends. We had a really great breakfast at Coras. Eggs Benny are yum!

One night the guys made dinner for the girls and served us at mom's restaurant. How great is that? The guys make you dinner and you get to sit and talk and not have to clean up......heaven.

8 comments:

Heather Mills said...

FUF FUN! I am still sad that you got sick on your birthday. We should do a do-over birthday for you!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Where have I been? I didn't realize that you guys are moving and settling down in Calgary! That is awesome!!! Someday, we are going to come visit you there. We find out this Thursday where Troy matches....

Kira said...

soo fun!!! it was great seeing you :-)

Suzy Hicks said...

I'm JEALOUS, and that you get to move back is even more disgusting! Glad you had a good time. So good to see you the other day!

Teresa said...

AWESOME trip! Wow, look at all those little boys in your family! Adorable. Your hiking family photo is gorgeous...hiking is usually when most look horrendous, but aparently this is not the case for your little family. We'll keep our fingers crossed for Hans and the boards.

Teresa said...

Oh, and happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Chels I hear you are moving back to Calgary! That is great! We are going to be up there at the end of May and would love to see you, we will have a new baby! Sounds like you had a blast up there!

Sarah said...

Fun times. I'm excited for some Calgary time this summer.