Sunday, April 25, 2010

3rd Mini Marathon!!

This weekend I had the opportunity to run my 3rd mini marathon. I had decided only about a month ago that I was going to run it and so I was proud of myself for running it 12 minutes faster than last time! I ran it in 2 hours and 5 minutes. I really think that having a child has helped my running. I feel stonger than I ever have before so thanks to Austin :-) The Derby mini marathon is a great one to run because of all the fan support along the whole route. There were people playing music, cheering, handing out oranges and water and running along side us to keep us motivated. Also at about mile 7 you get to run through Churchill Downs and see all the horses. I was nervous because they were calling for a huge rainstorm but it turned out to be a small drizzle for the first half of the race which I quite enjoyed. There were 15,000 people who ran the race this year so I was worried that I would have a hard time finding Hans but I spotted my giant husband right near the finish line and it made me so happy to see my two boys cheering me on. I am so happy that I decided last minute to run the race and it has made me motivated to maybe run some more this summer! Canadian races here I come!

3 comments:

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

You go girl!!! That further than I've ever run, like ever. lol.

Kira said...

Congrats Chelsea!!!! You should sign up for the half in Cochrane!!! I think I am going to do it, we could drive out together.

Sarah said...

Way to go! I don't know how your runners do it. I would cry if I had to run a mini marathon.