Friday, April 30, 2010

Thunder Over Louisville and the Pegasus Parade

I have to be honest and say that April and May are the best months of the year to live in Louisville. My family called me the other day and said it was snowing while it is 70-80 degrees here. I am really going to miss the weather! Anyway in April/May there are so many fun things going on all centered around the Derby. There is a fireworks show, airshow, boat races, ballooon races, mini-marathon and parades. This was the first year we have actually been to the parade and it was soooooo much fun. Austin really loved it. Here are my two handsome men checking out the scene.

I thought this was hilarious. Why have I not thought to strap a large ball to my behind before?? It would make for a great costume and then you could sit on it when you get tired. I think I have Halloween covered for next year thanks to this genius.


This is a large balloon horse of Secretariat. Austin thought it was pretty darn cool.


I dont know if you can tell from the picture but this car is made completely of mirrors. Sweet!


A couple of weekend ago we went to Thunder Over Louisville which is a huge air show and fireworks show. I went down with my friends at about 10am to save a good spot. Wes went down at 6am to start holding the spots for us. Thank You Wes!


Hans did not come down to the waterfront until after Austin's nap so I took some quality time with the girls.....and read a magazine :-) We also went and got some free stuff and Laura managed to heckle someone out of a water bottle. We had a great time! I will miss these girls ALOT!!!

Austin loved the air show...but I think he loved this football even more. Like father, like son.

Here is a great picture Laura took of the sun setting over the river.
As we were walking to the car we ran into this guying walking his turtle downtown (on a very dirty street). I really don't know what to say about this....maybe....only in Lousiville.

3 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

how fun!!! :)

Kira said...

That looks like a lot of fun. We can't wait for you guys to move up here. We are going to have so much fun!!

Crafty Momma said...

congrats on selling the house and then buying another one! Where did you guys end up going anyway? I miss those days in louisville so, so much!