Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The BIG move!

I cant believe it has been 2 months since we have moved to Calgary! It feels like 2 weeks...maybe. We have so busy since we have gotten here that I have not had much time to blog at all. I need to do some catch up before I get to the family reunion we just got home from. Austin has been loving being around his cousins (especially the older ones). He has started copying everything they do. My nephews are in gymnastics so the are usually doing cartwheels everywhere. Now Austin says "Mommy..like Gackel (Michael)" then does his rendition of a cartwheel.....which really is his two hands on the ground and one leg sticking straight up in the air.
The cousins

My mum lives in a little town called Black Diamond and they have a parade and family fun run every year. As you can tell it was pretty cold for the parade but still really fun. That night was the 10km race and it was so beautiful running in the mountains and I was AMAZED at how much better I can breathe here. I love Kentucky ....but not humidity. Mark, Amanda, Justin and I ran the race and we all did really well. We will definitely be doing it again next year.
In other news.....we bought a HOUSE!!! We got a really great deal on it and we love it! It is right near all of our family and close to parks/shopping/splash park and the library (a must for me).

One Sunday all the girls went to Lilith Fair. It was the first stop on the tour so all the headliners came-Colbie Caillet, Sheryl Crow, Erikah Badu, Sugarland and Sarah Mclaughlin. It was an amazing day with some amazing girls I know :-)

Kira and I were so excited to be sooooo close to Sheryl Crow during her performance.


I was this close with no zooming. I am a big Sheryl Crow fan and so I was in heaven! At one point her son came on stage and played the tambourine. It was adorable.

One night Hans told me he was going to surprise me and I had to dress up. I love surprises and really was surprised when we ended up at Stage West with Justin and Kira. It is this place where you can watch shows while eating a fancy dinner. The show was called "Two Pianos Four Hands". Which was a story of two friends growing up around playing the piano and I really haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It was a great night.
We have really enjoyed our time here so far and are excited about this next chapter in our lives.

2 comments:

Heather Mills said...

I'm glad you guys are having so much fun in Canada!

Rob and Heather said...

Congrats on your house. Looks like you are loving your life. Yay!!!