Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My best friend's wedding and Austins blessing

The bridesmaids (Lauren, Jessica, Sara, Mel, Melissa, Jodi and I)
Besties gettimg ready for the big day

First moments in the dress...literally


The fams at Austins blessing in Turner Valley

Family pic
Well the big day has come and gone. Melanie has gotten married! Mel and I met when we were 3 years old and she moved next door to me. We have been besties ever since. She was the most beautiful bride and the whole day was perfect! Who knew that it would be 70 degrees in Calgary in November? It was perfect for the pictures. I am so happy for her and Mark and so glad I could be part of their special day. The day after the wedding we blessed little Austin in Turner Valley at my moms ward. It was very spiritual and then Hans bore his testimony and had my whole family in tears. That Hans!

14 comments:

KyleandAmanda said...

Are you home now? You are going to have give me details of the trip! Looks like you guys had a good time! Austin looks very handsome dressed up for his blessing!

Sarah said...

That Hans... He's so sweet. It looks like you had a great time. I wish I could have been there. Austin looks super cute!! Did you dress him up for Halloween?

Borders Family said...

What a cute family photo of you guys. You make the cutest parents!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Yeah! So many wonderful things happened to you in Canada. Little Austi is growing up.

Karene said...

My fav is the family picture, where Hans is not standing on anything, and yet he's as tall as the people on the first and second steps. Hehe.

The wedding looked amazing!

Unknown said...

Chels-
It sounds like you had a great time! Mel looks gorgeous as does the whole bridal party. Too bad I missed you. Maybe timing will be perfect another time. How fun to bless Austin here with all your Canadian family.

Collette and Kevin said...

ohhh, what a fun time. you guys look great! does this mean you'll be staying in town for christmas then?

Dickson Family said...

nice blue dress you got there!!

Kira said...

Melanie got married? That is awesome. How were the waiters at the wedding? I heard that they were the cutest.

Mike and Kimmy said...

Congrats on the baby blessing for Austin. I'm glad you had a great time in Canada. Austin is so adorable!

Kira said...

it was so fun to have you here.

Papa J said...

Wow, look at the Fam. Way to go.

We miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Big Hans...
Says, Let there be Rock !

Unknown said...

Big Hans ....
Where is a picture of me.