Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Derby Days and Game Nights

Winners of the Derby Contest- Laura, me and Heather
Cornhole is a must at Louisville parties!

Kim, Janelle, me, Heather and Tess before the race


Game night fun. Boys Twister



Girls twister




Playing curses. It is a hilrious game
I am a little behind in my blogging! I have barely been here the past couple of months due to all of my travelling. I am planning on sticking around here for awhile...I really have no choice since I am getting very preggo. Anyway it has been a very busy couple of months for me. At the beginning of May we went to a Derby party at our friends the Clowards house. It was alot of fun! There is so much to do in Louisville around Derby time- fireworks, parades, boat races, parties ect. At the party they had a competition to pick the top 6 horses in the Derby race. I got the number one and number two horses right! Go Big Brown! Nobody (especially Hans) thought he would win since he was in the outside lane. I have to brag that the top three winners at the party were women. We showed up the men. I won the whole thing and ws really happy until I heard that they had to put Eight Belles (the number two) horse down. That was really sad. The boys had a great time at the party playing cornhole. In Louisville, it is a must at every party to play cornhole. Why you ask? I am really not sure but it is fun.
The other weekend we had our good friends, the Bakers and DeKays over for a BBQ and game night. I think we have had more fun together in YW than the girls have!! The DeKays are going to be leaving us soon and we are very sad about this!! Bethany and her family are such wonderful people and we hope they come back and visit often (hint hint). We played this game called "Curses" which is a riot and we also played twister. If you wonder why I am not in the twister pictures it is because I have this bending problem. The problem is a monster child in my belly that does not allow me to bend over properly without losing my breath. I got to be the spinner though :-)






5 comments:

Karene said...

I ask not why, but what...What is Cornhole? They sure don't have it here!

Rob and Heather said...

Oh yea Kentucky... I love that place. I miss all my friends, and love hearing about all the wonderfully fun things ya'll are doing. I want to a picture of you actually preggo. I bet you are adorable.

Collette and Kevin said...

looks like you have been having fun lately as well! we should definitely get together sometimes soon. and yes, i LOVE having my man around more often right now. although studying is what he is mostly doing!!

The Alaska DeKays said...

We had a great time at your house. I think you are right, we do have a great time in YW. Those girls are lucky they have such cool, fun leaders! We will really miss you guys too. Sniff.

Sarah said...

CornHole!!!